Revision rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure designed to repair or improve cosmetic or functional problems of the nose resulting from a previous rhinoplasty procedure. Patients are frequently referred to Glasgold Group because of prior disappointing outcomes. Revision rhinoplasty can be a more complicated procedure because the previous surgery may have included excessive removal of supporting bone and cartilage, loss of tip support, and or/twisted nasal structure, along with scar tissue. Each of these issues presents a greater surgical challenge than a primary rhinoplasty.
Our technique at Glasgold Group involves precisely replacing missing structure and repositioning cartilage to produce a nose that is aesthetically pleasing in both size and shape. Surgical skill and extensive experience also allow us to reduce an overly long nose and/or correct an excessively drooping tip. Your new nose should appear natural, well-shaped, and in proportion to your face.
At your consultation appointment, we will discuss your desired goals for surgery, set expectations for the outcome of the surgery, and ensure you understand the postoperative healing process. Once we have determined candidacy and have discussed your goals, we will use computer imaging to give you a realistic idea of how your nose will look after plastic surgery and show you results achieved on other patients (we always get patient consent to show their pictures).
Prospective patients should use the consultation appointment to ask questions they may have about the surgery and the results. After the consultation, patients should:
- Have a better understanding of the process
- Know what to expect before, during, and after a nose job
- Feel comfortable with their plastic surgeon(s)
- Understand the expected results
Nose Surgery Real Patient Pictures
* Each patient is unique and individual results may vary.
Revision rhinoplasty procedural times tend to be longer than traditional rhinoplasty and can take about one to two hours additional hours to perform. Either general anesthesia or a combination of local anesthesia and sedation may be used. For some procedures, the incisions are confined to the inside of the nose, which is known as closed revision rhinoplasty. Other procedures require an additional small incision between the nostrils on the underside of the nose, known as open revision rhinoplasty.
Recovery from Nose Surgery
After revision rhinoplasty surgery, a dressing is applied to the nose. Nasal packing is not required, resulting in a more comfortable recovery. Some swelling and light bruising can occur, and the nose may be achy or stiff. The dressing will be removed within about a week and at this time most patients are able to return to work. More strenuous activities should be avoided for two to three weeks, and activities that can jar or bump the nose must be avoided for eight weeks.
Why Choose The Glasgold Group
Revision Rhinoplasty is a complex and custom procedure that requires a high level of skill and knowledge to perform properly. At Glasgold Group, our surgeons have decades of experience while patients and peers alike respect them for the beautiful, natural-looking results they produce consistently.
By choosing the Glasgold Group in Princeton, New Jersey for your procedure, you can expect results of the highest caliber and the knowledge that your safety and satisfaction are top priorities.
- Dr. Robert Glasgold has an American Board of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery Certification.
- Dr. Robert Glasgold is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Robert Glasgold is a co-director of the Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship Program of AAFPRS.
- Dr. Robert Glasgold has an American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Certification.
- Dr. Mark Glasgold is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Dr. Mark Glasgold is a co-director of the Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship Program of AAFPRS.
- Dr. Mark Glasgold has an American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Certification.
- Dr. Mark Glasgold has an American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you live near Princeton, NJ, The Glasgold Group offers Revision Rhinoplasty among its services and is conveniently located at 4390 US-1 #100, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Our high level of training and experience allows us to provide each patient with results that look natural and rapid recovery in the safest environment.
Get rejuvenating results without going through surgery. Injectables and dermal fillers are a great way to keep yourself looking younger and vibrant with little to no recovery time.